Posted on October 14th, 2013 No comments
MIAMI – Federal authorities in South Florida say a weeklong sweep targeting identity theft-tax fraud crime has resulted in charges against 45 people in 30 separate cases.
Miami U.S. Attorney Wifredo Ferrer says the cases were investigated by the South Florida Identity Theft Tax Fraud Strike Force. That unit includes federal agencies as well as state and local law enforcement.
Ferrer says those charged were responsible for at least 22,000 stolen or compromised identities. Many were insiders that used jobs at places such as health care providers, restaurants, schools and prisons to gain access to the identities.
The identities were used in attempts to claim more than $38 million in fraudulent tax refunds. Of that amount, about $11.5 million was actually paid out in these latest cases.
Posted on January 2nd, 2013 No comments
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) says you may be a victim of medical identity theft if:
- You get a bill for medical services you didn’t receive.
- A debt collector contacts you about medical debt you don’t owe.
- You order a copy of your credit report and see medical collection notices you don’t recognize.
- You try to make a legitimate insurance claim and your health plan says you’ve reached your benefits limit.
- You are denied insurance because your medical records show a condition you don’t have.
What Should I Do?
- Pay close attention to your medical, insurance and financial records in order to spot discrepancies and possible fraud.
- Keep detailed records of all medical services received.
- Request copies, in writing, from each provider including doctors, clinics, hospitals, pharmacies, laboratories and health plans. Providers should produce your documents within 30 days.
- File a complaint with the FTC at http://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov or by phone at 1-877-438-4338.
- File a police report and send copies of the report to your health plan’s fraud department, your health-care providers and the three nationwide credit reporting companies.
- Place a fraud alert with one of the following three nationwide credit reporting companies. The one you call is required to contact the others who will place an alert on their report.
- Learn how to freeze your credit by visiting the County’s Consumer Protection website and click on Consumer Topics – Protect Yourself Against Identity Theft – Freezing Your Credit. Freezing your credit file can prevent thieves from opening new credit accounts under your name.
- Become familiar with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Privacy Rule. HIPAA gives consumers the right to copies of their records that are maintained by health plans and medical providers covered by that law. HIPAA provides consumers the right to have errors corrected in their medical and billing records.
Posted on January 16th, 2012 No comments
American Recycling of Western North Carolina, in conjunction with the Economic Development Coalition (EDC) for Asheville-Buncombe County (N.C.), will open its newest recycling facility in Asheville, N.C., on Jan. 25, 2011.
See the original post:
American Recycling Expands NC Operations
Posted on January 12th, 2012 No comments
The Coalition for American Electronics Recycling (CAER), based in Washington, D.C., has received the endorsement of the American Sustainable Business Council (ASBC) for its support of federal legislation to restrict the export of electronic scrap from the United States. The groups says such action
Posted on December 6th, 2011 No comments
Seltek Stokkermill, Udine, Italy, is offering the 3000STD Turbo, which is a compact granulator. According to the company, the machine is capable of shredding and separating large quantities of cables while guaranteeing ease of use, low maintenance and high operating efficiency. Features of the granulator include:
Posted on November 18th, 2011 No comments
The CP Group , based in San Diego, has designed, manufactured and installed a highly automated 20-tons-per-hour single-stream system for Wilco Recycling , Taylor, Texas.
Wilco Recycling Opens Texas MRF
Posted on November 10th, 2011 No comments
Global Electric Electronic Processing ( GEEP ) has announced its Barrie, Ontario, headquarters location has achieved OHSAS 18001 certification.
The rest is here:
GEEP Headquarters Achieves OHSAS 18001 Certification
Posted on November 8th, 2011 No comments
City Carton , Iowa City, Iowa, has hired Eric Smith as recycling facilities manager of its Iowa locations in Mt. Pleasant, Muscatine and Creston locations
Here is the original post:
City Carton Names Recycling Facilities Manager
Posted on October 27th, 2011 No comments
TMS International Corp., Pittsburgh, the parent company of the steel mill services company Tube City IMS Corp., has opened a new trading office in Nashville, Tenn. J
The rest is here:
TMS International Opening New Office in Tennessee
Posted on October 21st, 2011 No comments
Index is based on 1982 averages prices as 100; Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics After months of concern about rapidly climbing recovered fiber prices, paper stock dealers are reporting that most grades have begun their long-expected corrections
See the original post:
The Correction Begins